Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fun Baby Project

Recently I have become very excited about the new baby girl that will be arriving this winter. I have been thinking of all sorts of projects that I would like to undertake to get ready for her. Last weekend I made a blanket cover for her car seat. I didn't see the need of having one last time around, but found that putting a blanket over the car seat isn't practical when it is snowing or windy. I found a great tutorial on a fantastic blog that gave me the basics of what I needed to do. This is a great little project that takes only a few hours. The longest part is picking out the fabric and waiting for it to wash and dry.


I had looked at purchasing one on etsy.com , but I knew I could make one exactly to my liking and that would fit my car seat for much less $. It cost me less that $13 to make, since all the fabric I used was on sale.

We purchased a used dresser to go in the girls room this week. Hopefully I can get Kyle to strip off all 4 layers of paint off of it so I can repaint it. This will be the first piece of nursery furniture for the baby, so I have to try to figure out what colors I want to do in the room first. Since we are renting and the walls will be white, I have to paint it a color. I'm thinking a light yellow.

The next sewing project will be a crib skirt. I have used the underside of the crib as storage, and I would like to cover it up and make it look less cluttered. I'll let you know how that all goes. :)

No comments: