Sunday, February 2, 2014

Crazy Quilting

This past summer I took an online crazy quilting class.  I mostly was interested in how to piece the fabric.  It didn't occur to me that the piecing is only a small part of it.  It is really about embroidery and embellishing the quilt. So for the last 7 months I have been working on my first crazy quilt.  The class I took is called Crazy Quilting taught by Allie Aller (a well known crazy quilter, blogger and author).  I highly recommend it.
This is what my first 4 blocks started as, before I added the embroidery.  I added another 2 blocks to make it larger.  I probably should have just done the 4 blocks for my first project.
I finally finished tying and stitching the binding closed last week.  I already have plans on doing other ones and different techniques I want to try. I did a little silk ribbon embroidery on this, but I want to learn more.  It can be so beautiful.


No comments: