Monday, May 12, 2014

Spring Fling Crazy Quilt - Finished


As I worked on this project I practiced silk ribbon embroidery. It is a newly discovered art that I have decided I am quite fond of.  The Purple delphiniums on the far right corner, and the blue everlasting flowers on the bottom right block came from Ann Cox's book A-Z of Silk Ribbon Flowers.  I highly recommend this book.  It is quite easy to understand and has 32 different flower varieties of different skill levels. I probably will be doing more Silk Ribbon Embroidery and less crazy quilting in the future. The crazy quilt is fastened onto a piece of foam core poster board. 
This was created as part of a contest from crazyquiltingsupplies.com . It was the spring fling crazy quilt challenge. 


Block 1

 Block 2
Delphiniums in Silk Ribbon, adapted from Ann Cox

Block 3 
Light venise lace flower in center right was lightly stained in turmeric infused water. 
Block 4
Everlasting flower in blue, adapted from Ann Cox. 
Yellow venise lace flowers in center top, were dyed, well stained rather, with turmeric infused water.



No comments: