Monday, April 1, 2013

Allyson's Disappearing 9 Patch


IT is finished. I finished the quilt just a few days after Allyson's birthday. I got a little pooped out and had to take a little time off. I am pretty happy with how it turned out.
I changed it quite a bit from my play originally. I added sashing and used all patterned prints in the blocks. I wanted the random look since I was using so many different prints.

I wanted to practice as many free motion quilting designs that would look good on the quilt. I ended up doing 6 different designs. On the top boarder you can see feathers.

There are two different arrangements of the blocks. I quilted each different.
This one I quilted echo shells in each of the squares. The half and quarter squares I quilted wandering clover.

This block has strait line stitching in the "pinwheel" shape in the center. The other parts have stippling. 
The back side has some of the extra charm squares and some stripes. I used up the extra sashing and binding fabric on the back. 

I learned a lot making this quilt. It was a great way to get some serious practice of free motion quilting in.  Now that it is done I have already started a few other small projects. I'll post those soon.

No comments: