Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Old Glory


I really like the look of paper pieced blocks.  I just finished this small (16") wall hanging. The pattern can be purchased on Etsy or Craftsy.  I will be making a few more of these as gifts.This one is for my mom.
Now that I know how to do it, I should be able to get the center star points perfect the next time. I didn't realize I hadn't ironed them back all the way until after I had stitched all 5 blocks together.
My husband said he liked it, which is huge for him. So I will have to make one for us. 


Now that this one is done, I have to start to work on other small projects that I want to make for gifts for Christmas.  I have to get started early this year. I am not waiting until the middle of December to come up with grand ideas again.

No comments: